On the hunt for the best anti-theft devices for motorcycles? Welcome to the automotive section of Anti-Theft Boss, we’ve got you covered. Below, I share with you the best methods and devices to keep your bike safe in even the roughest areas.
Anti-theft tech has come a long way in recent years, and there are a ton of options, including GPS tracking devices that make it nearly impossible for thieves to get away with your bike without paying the price.
Now, let’s dive in and take a look at the goods…
#1) Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit 60″ Chain & New York Disk Lock
The Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit chain with New York disk lock is the ultimate disk lock & chain combo for high-crime areas, and it’s undoubtedly one of the top-rated motorcycle locks on the market. You can use it alone or together with an alarm or other anti-theft devices for enhanced security.
- 14mm manganese steel, six-sided chain
- 15mm hardened steel shackle
- 3 stainless steel keys (1 includes replaceable LED fob)
- Hardened double deadbolt design
- High-security pick and drill-resistant, disc-style cylinder
- Sliding dustcover extends cylinder life
- Key Safe Program – if you lose your keys, Kryptonite ships 2 replacement keys globally
- Anti-Theft Protection of up to $3,000 (must register after purchase)
- 60″ chain weighs 10.8 lbs
Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit Reviews
- It’s recommended to buy the 5′ version to make sure you have enough length to lock bikes up to 600 lbs.
- Good to chain to the frame of a Jeep and use a disk lock alarm.
- The chain itself is an absolute beast
- The 5′ chain is long enough to weave through a center stand and frame before locking both ends to a rear sprocket.
#2) MYSBIKER Black Knight Disc Brake Lock w/ Alarm
The MYSBIKER motorcycle disk lock w/ alarm is another top-rated motorcycle lock, and it’s more budget-friendly than the Kryptonite lock above. It currently has excellent feedback.
- The 110 dB alarm automatically activates when the lock sensor detects any vibration or movement
- Includes 6′ reminder cable to attach to brake or clutch
- One-press operation to arm the lock
- Built with forged stainless steel
- Secured by a 14mm double-locking, carbide-reinforced, hardened-steel locking pin
- Includes 6 LR44 batteries plus an extra set
- 3 brass security keys
- Weight: 1.32 lbs
- Dimensions: 9 x 7cm (Width x Height)
MYSKBIKER Black Knight Reviews
- Great for keeping your bike secure on long journeys
- The high dB alarm is ear piercing
- Great instructions
- Great value for the money
#3) Scorpio SRX-900 Motorcycle Security System
The SRX-900 motorcycle security system is a hands-free alarm system with remote control capabilities. Key features offered by the SRX-900 you won’t find in other motorcycle anti-theft devices include a perimeter sensor, remote ignition disable, and an ultra-loud 125 dB multi-tone siren.
- Hands-free remote control with digital display and alerts
- Works within a .5-mile radius
- Both manual and automatic arm/disarm functions
- 3-wire universal install harness compatible with any motorcycle with a 12-volt battery and tail light
- Perimeter sensor to protect against saddlebag, helmet, and other accessories theft
- 125 dB alarm
- Battery disable sensor plus battery backup system
- Shock/Tilt accelerometer sensor
- Optional plug-and-play OEM integration harness
- Remote ignition disable function automatically disables ignition once the alarm triggers
- Better than factory-installed alarms with good customer server. His favorite feature is
- The perimeter sensor works well
- Easy installation
- Keyless arm/disarm function is quite nice
- Compatible with Ducati bikes
- Also compatible with Harley-Davidson
#4) Oxford Boss Alarm Disc Lock w/ 12mm Chain
The Oxford Boss disc lock is similar to Kryptonite, except it comes with an added alarm and a slightly lighter chain. The 12mm chain is a foot longer than the Kryptonite at 6′ long.
- 14mm Oxford Boss disc lock
- 5-year life cycle tested by Thatcham Vehicle Security
- Sealed & removable 100 dB alarm system
- Water, frost, vibration, and heatproof
- Includes 6 LR44 batteries
- Three keys and included replacement service by Oxford
- Option to use as a disc lock or padlock
- Weight: 15.6 lbs
Oxford Boss Reviews
- Smooth functionality
- The alarm can be too sensitive in busy areas
- Extremely solid construction and super durable
You may also want to check out the Oxford Boss (disc lock only) by clicking the image below #ad:
#5) AMERICALOC 300 Motorcycle GPS Tracker
Meet the AMERICALOC 300 mini real-time GPS tracker, perfect for keeping tabs on your motorcycle. This updated version has extra-long battery life and can update your bike’s location every 10 seconds in the event of theft.
- Requires monthly service purchase (Americaloc adds two free months of service after initial purchase)
- Ultra-long battery life lasts longer than inferior trackers on the market
- Battery life indicator measured in days or weeks
- Optional alerts include movement, speeding, entering/leaving zones, plus others
- Compatible with both Android and iPhone, just download the app to your computer, cell phone or tablet
- Location updates configurable to intervals of 60, 30, or 10 seconds
AMERICALOC 300 Reviews
- Fun to use
- Easy to customize the settings to your liking
- Extra-long battery life
- Accurate GPS
- Excellent customer service
You may also want to check out a magnetic case to house your GPS tracker. Click the image below to view the Optimus twin magnet case at Amazon #ad:
#6) BlueFire Motorcycle Alarm Kit
The BlueFire alarm kit is the most budget-friendly motorcycle anti-theft device on this list, but that doesn’t make it any less effective. It currently has great feedback.
- Compatible with 12 and 24-volt batteries
- Automatic remote engine start
- Adjustable shock sensor
- Remote arming & disarming
- 125 dB alarm w/ flashing light option
- Emergency alarm function cuts power supply
- Comes with 2 remotes
- Includes foam glue and connection cables for installation
- Siren device measures 6.0 x 4.9 x 2.6 cm
- Shock sensor measures 6.4 x 6.0 x 1.8 cm
- Total package weight 9.8 oz
- Super easy installation
- The alarm volume is the real deal
- Stands the test of time
- The included flip-out blank key is a nice touch
#7) Gorilla 9100 Motorcycle Alarm w/ 2-Way Paging System
The Gorilla 9100 security system is another solid anti-theft device that combines the power of remote alerts with three sensors to ensure your bike is 100% guarded against theft. You can choose to buy the system with the paging system or the 3-button remote alone.
- Compact and ultra-loud 120 dB siren
- 2-way pager can receive signals from your bike within a .5-mile radius
- 3-button remote also included
- 3 sensors include internal tilt, adjustable 2-stage shock, and current (protects against hot wiring)
- LED light acts as a theft deterrent and armed confirmation
- Direct-to-battery system can be installed in under 30 minutes
- Siren dimensions: 2.75″ x 1.5″ (Radius x Depth)
- 2-year warranty
Gorilla 9100 Reviews
- Provides the ultimate peace of mind
- Gorilla stands behind its products
- Customize the sensitivity level to your liking
#8) Viper 3121V Powersport Motorcycle Alarm
For those of you who want a more rugged motorcycle alarm system with a closed-loop trigger for your helmet and other accessories, the Viper system could be perfect for you.
- Waterproof alarm
- 2 waterproof, 2-button remotes
- Closed-loop trigger – when the loop is broken, the alarm activates
- Onboard shock and tilt sensor
- Extra trigger input
- Auxiliary output
- Panic mode
- Automatically switches to low power consumption mode after 24 hours
Motorcycle Theft Statistics
The latest report from the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) announced a total of 44,268 motorcycle thefts in 2017.
States with the most thefts included California, Florida, Texas, New York, the Carolinas, and Georgia.
After an increase in motorcycle thefts in 2015 and 2016, the total dropped by roughly 2,000 in 2017.
I hope you enjoyed our list of best anti-theft devices for motorcycles!
Whether you choose to use one of the devices listed here or a combination of multiple devices, you can’t put a price tag on the peace of mind you’ll get knowing your bike is safe.