On the hunt for the best anti-theft devices for motorcycles? Welcome to the automotive section of Anti-Theft Boss, we’ve got you covered. Below, I share with you the best methods and devices to keep your bike safe in even the roughest areas.
Anti-theft tech has come a long way in recent years, and there are a ton of options, including GPS tracking devices that make it nearly impossible for thieves to get away with your bike without paying the price.
Now, let’s dive in and take a look at the goods…
#1) Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit 60″ Chain & New York Disk Lock
The Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit chain with New York disk lock is the ultimate disk lock & chain combo for high-crime areas, and it’s undoubtedly one of the top-rated motorcycle locks on the market. You can use it alone or together with an alarm or other anti-theft devices for enhanced security.
- 14mm manganese steel, six-sided chain
- 15mm hardened steel shackle
- 3 stainless steel keys (1 includes replaceable LED fob)
- Hardened double deadbolt design
- High-security pick and drill-resistant, disc-style cylinder
- Sliding dustcover extends cylinder life
- Key Safe Program – if you lose your keys, Kryptonite ships 2 replacement keys globally
- Anti-Theft Protection of up to $3,000 (must register after purchase)
- 60″ chain weighs 10.8 lbs
Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit Reviews
- One owner recommended buying the 5′ version to make sure you have enough length to lock bikes up to 600 lbs.
- Another guy chains his bike to the frame of his Jeep and uses a disk lock alarm. He’s felt extra secure using this combo. He called the chain “massive” and “one of the best anti-theft devices.”
- One happy customer called it a “beast!”
- One guy confirmed the 5′ chain is long enough for him to weave through the center stand and frame before locking both ends to the rear sprocket.
- Another guy has been using it to lock his bike in his apartment parking lot and reported having a cop tell him, “No one is cutting through that chain.” He warned users to be careful handling the chain around any painted bodywork.
#2) MYSBIKER Black Knight Disc Brake Lock w/ Alarm
The MYSBIKER motorcycle disk lock w/ alarm is another top-rated motorcycle lock, and it’s more budget-friendly than the Kryptonite lock above. It currently has 70% five-star reviews on Amazon out of over 250 total reviews.
- The 110 dB alarm automatically activates when the lock sensor detects any vibration or movement
- Includes 6′ reminder cable to attach to brake or clutch
- One-press operation to arm the lock
- Built with forged stainless steel
- Secured by a 14mm double-locking, carbide-reinforced, hardened-steel locking pin
- Includes 6 LR44 batteries plus an extra set
- 3 brass security keys
- Weight: 1.32 lbs
- Dimensions: 9 x 7cm (Width x Height)
MYSKBIKER Black Knight Reviews
- One gentleman successfully rode his bike down to Central America all the way from Mexico to Nicaragua. He confirmed the alarm sounds when someone touches or moves the bike.
- Another owner caught a group of youngsters tampering with his bike while it was parked in his driveway. He later picked up one of these locks and called the alarm “ear-piercing.” He also confirmed the alarm sounds when the bike is moved even a bit.
- One bike owner said the instructions are “VERY DETAILED.”
- One guy said for under $40, it’s well worth the price.
#3) Scorpio SRX-900 Motorcycle Security System
The SRX-900 motorcycle security system is a hands-free alarm system with remote control capabilities. Key features offered by the SRX-900 you won’t find in other motorcycle anti-theft devices include a perimeter sensor, remote ignition disable, and an ultra-loud 125 dB multi-tone siren.
- Hands-free remote control with digital display and alerts
- Works within a .5-mile radius
- Both manual and automatic arm/disarm functions
- 3-wire universal install harness compatible with any motorcycle with a 12-volt battery and tail light
- Perimeter sensor to protect against saddlebag, helmet, and other accessories theft
- 125 dB alarm
- Battery disable sensor plus battery backup system
- Shock/Tilt accelerometer sensor
- Optional plug-and-play OEM integration harness
- Remote ignition disable function automatically disables ignition once the alarm triggers
- One owner is very pleased with the SRX-900 alarm and called it better than several factory-installed alarms he previously owned. He’s tested the SRX in several scenarios and called it impressive. His favorite feature is the perimeter sensor, and he complimented the Scorpio customer service team.
- Another owner said it’s “easy as pie” to install. He also called the keyless arm/disarm function “the best thing ever.”
- A Ducati owner managed to install this system, despite the more complicated cable routing due to the bike’s design. He called the perimeter sensor “accurate” and reported that the two-way alarm “works great.”
- Scorpio also confirmed the alarm works with Harley-Davidson.
#4) Oxford Boss Alarm Disc Lock w/ 12mm Chain
The Oxford Boss disc lock is similar to Kryptonite, except it comes with an added alarm and a slightly lighter chain. The 12mm chain is a foot longer than the Kryptonite at 6′ long.
- 14mm Oxford Boss disc lock
- 5-year life cycle tested by Thatcham Vehicle Security
- Sealed & removable 100 dB alarm system
- Water, frost, vibration, and heatproof
- Includes 6 LR44 batteries
- Three keys and included replacement service by Oxford
- Option to use as a disc lock or padlock
- Weight: 15.6 lbs
Oxford Boss Reviews
- One guy who owns both the Oxford Boss and Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit prefers using the Oxford because the locking system is “smooth and flawless.” He did note that the alarm can be too sensitive in busy areas of NYC.
- Another rider called the lock “extremely solid” and said the “noxious” yellow color of the lock gets the job done. However, he also said the alarm is too sensitive.
- Several other owners confirmed the lock is ultra-durable and very solid.
You may also want to check out the Oxford Boss (disc lock only) by clicking the image below:
#5) AMERICALOC 300 Motorcycle GPS Tracker
Meet the AMERICALOC 300 mini real-time GPS tracker, perfect for keeping tabs on your motorcycle. This updated version has extra-long battery life and can update your bike’s location every 10 seconds in the event of theft.
- Requires monthly service purchase (Americaloc adds two free months of service after initial purchase)
- Ultra-long battery life lasts longer than inferior trackers on the market
- Battery life indicator measured in days or weeks
- Optional alerts include movement, speeding, entering/leaving zones, plus others
- Compatible with both Android and iPhone, just download the app to your computer, cell phone or tablet
- Location updates configurable to intervals of 60, 30, or 10 seconds
AMERICALOC 300 Reviews
- One guy is having so much fun with his tracker that he almost hopes his bike gets stolen. I had a laugh over that one!
- One owner said after a month on a full charge, he’s still at 40% battery life. He also complimented the Americaloc app, saying it includes enough functions to make tailoring the alerts to your needs easy. He confirmed the alerts are accurate for any movements detected by the GPS tracker.
- Another rider has thoroughly tested the accuracy of the GPS location and gave it a thumbs up.
- Another person called it the best GPS tracker on the market and reported customer service is “top-notch.”
You may also want to check out a magnetic case to house your GPS tracker. Click the image below to view the Optimus twin magnet case at Amazon:
#6) BlueFire Motorcycle Alarm Kit
The BlueFire alarm kit is the most budget-friendly motorcycle anti-theft device on this list, but that doesn’t make it any less effective. It currently has 67% five-star reviews out of over 350 total reviews on Amazon.
- Compatible with 12 and 24-volt batteries
- Automatic remote engine start
- Adjustable shock sensor
- Remote arming & disarming
- 125 dB alarm w/ flashing light option
- Emergency alarm function cuts power supply
- Comes with 2 remotes
- Includes foam glue and connection cables for installation
- Siren device measures 6.0 x 4.9 x 2.6 cm
- Shock sensor measures 6.4 x 6.0 x 1.8 cm
- Total package weight 9.8 oz
- One owner said the installation is “super easy” and confirmed the 125 dB alarm is “LOUD.” She also said the motion sensor and remote range work well. An important note, she reported wind and rain won’t set the alarm off but any physical touch will.
- One owner updated his review over two years after purchase and confirmed the unit still works like new. For less than $20, this security system is a steal.
- Another owner said one of the remotes comes with a flip-out blank key that you can have cut to match your key. The same gentleman complimented BlueFire customer service.
#7) Gorilla 9100 Motorcycle Alarm w/ 2-Way Paging System
The Gorilla 9100 security system is another solid anti-theft device that combines the power of remote alerts with three sensors to ensure your bike is 100% guarded against theft. You can choose to buy the system with the paging system or the 3-button remote alone.
- Compact and ultra-loud 120 dB siren
- 2-way pager can receive signals from your bike within a .5-mile radius
- 3-button remote also included
- 3 sensors include internal tilt, adjustable 2-stage shock, and current (protects against hot wiring)
- LED light acts as a theft deterrent and armed confirmation
- Direct-to-battery system can be installed in under 30 minutes
- Siren dimensions: 2.75″ x 1.5″ (Radius x Depth)
- 2-year warranty
Gorilla 9100 Reviews
- One owner had a tough assignment installing it, reporting it’s not “H-D friendly.” However, he still gave the alarm five stars because “it works that good!”
- Another gentleman has been using it with success and appreciates the “peace of mind” knowing his bike is safe wherever he parks it.
- One guy has been using his for 4 years and loves it. The only issue he’s had was with the remote, and Gorilla honored its warranty with a replacement.
- “Perfect” for one guy after he dialed in the sensor’s sensitivity level.
#8) Viper 3121V Powersport Motorcycle Alarm
For those of you who want a more rugged motorcycle alarm system with a closed-loop trigger for your helmet and other accessories, the Viper system could be perfect for you.
- Waterproof alarm
- 2 waterproof, 2-button remotes
- Closed-loop trigger – when the loop is broken, the alarm activates
- Onboard shock and tilt sensor
- Extra trigger input
- Auxiliary output
- Panic mode
- Automatically switches to low power consumption mode after 24 hours
Motorcycle Theft Statistics
The latest report from the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) announced a total of 44,268 motorcycle thefts in 2017.
States with the most thefts included California, Florida, Texas, New York, the Carolinas, and Georgia.
After an increase in motorcycle thefts in 2015 and 2016, the total dropped by roughly 2,000 in 2017.
I hope you enjoyed our list of best anti-theft devices for motorcycles!
Whether you choose to use one of the devices listed here or a combination of multiple devices, you can’t put a price tag on the peace of mind you’ll get knowing your bike is safe.
Which anti-theft device or combo is your favorite?