That’s right! Fanny packs are back in style, and they have been for longer than you might have realized. In today’s article, I share my top 10 picks for the best anti-theft fanny pack for travel, and since I’m an owner of several fanny packs, I feel quite qualified to do so.
In my previous article, I shared my top picks for the best money belt for travel in Europe.
What’s the difference between a money belt and a fanny pack?
The main difference is a fanny pack goes over your clothes while a money belt stays hidden beneath your shirt most of the time.
There’s also the actual money belt that goes through your belt loops, which is typically made of nylon and has a secret zipper pocket on the inner side to stash your bills.
The beauty of the fanny pack is it’s much easier to access than a hidden money belt, can hold more cargo, and keeps you from digging around in your pockets. And since slim jeans are in style these days, putting our constantly growing cell phones in our pants’ pockets is becoming harder each year.
Now that you know the difference, let’s check out the fanny packs!
Best Anti-Theft Fanny Pack Reviews
#1) Travelon Classic RFID Fanny Pack
- Slash-resistant straps and body
- RFID-blocking credit card slots and pocket for passport
- Lockable zippers
- Lock-down strap to protect against grab-and-go robberies
- Stowable water bottle holder
- Easy-access pocket for your cell phone
- Hidden buckle
- Tons of internal organization
- Fully adjustable: accommodates up to a 50-inch waist (don’t fear larger dads, Travelon’s got you covered)
- Weight: 11.8 ounces
- Dimensions: 11″ Wide x 7″ Height x 3″ Depth
#2) Pacsafe Vibe 100
- Built with slash-resistant materials
- Built-in lock for main compartment zippers with the option to use a padlock (not included)
- RFID-blocking compartment for passport and credit cards
- Interior padded sleeve fits up to a 7″ tablet
- Special anti-theft lock on waistband
- 5-year Pacsafe Warranty
- Capacity: 4 liters
- Dimensions: 6.3″ Height x 10.5″ Wide x 3.6″ Depth
- Weight: .73 lbs
It also comes in black:
#3) Lewis N. Clark RFID Fanny Pack (Budget-Friendly)
- More affordable than Travelon or Pacsafe
- Slim enough to use as a fanny pack or hidden money belt
- RFID-blocking protection
- Buckle located at the front to prevent theft
- Adjustable to a 50″ waist
- Built with rip-stop fabric
- Breathable mesh back panel should you decide to wear it against your skin
- Two main compartments
- Inner mesh organizer pockets
- Durable self-repairing zippers
- Fits most cell phones
- Dimensions: 5″ Height x 11″ Width
- Weight: 2.4 ounces
#4) Pacsafe Camsafe V5 Camera Fanny Pack
- Best anti-theft fanny pack and crossbody bag for photographers
- Exomesh slash-resistant materials
- Built-in RFID safe pocket to keep your passport and credit cards
- Doubles as a waist pack or crossbody bag
- Carrysafe Slashguard strap to protect against grab-and-go robberies
- Locking zippers
- Interior dividers for camera and lenses
- Super soft interior to protect your camera and lenses
- Padded back panel
- Fits iPad mini
- Built-in rain cover
- Dimensions: 5.1″ Height x 11″ Width x 7.1″ Depth
- Weight: 1.13 pounds
#5) Pacsafe Metrosafe LS120
The Pacsafe Metrosafe LS120 comes with all the great features included with all Pacsafe waist packs and has a sleeker appearance than the Vibe 100. The Metrosafe is better suited for business travelers or city commuters who want that extra layer of safety while in transit without sacrificing professionalism.
#6) Travelon Active Waist Pack
The Travelon Active model is better for casual travelers and the younger crowd (that I’m no longer a part of). The padded mesh back panel is a key ingredient to get sweat to wick away from your body on those hot days, believe me, I’ve been there.
However, while I do like this model, I believe the Classic model at the top of the list outshines it because of the stashable water bottle holder and overall look. I also really like the easy-access pocket in the Classic model for holding my cell phone.
#7) Travelon Black Leather Fanny Pack
This list wouldn’t be complete without the best leather anti-theft fanny pack. This stylish waist pack by Travelon is lighter on anti-theft features than the others above it, but it does include an RFID-blocking pocket.
It’s adjustable up to a 48″ waist and has a hidden zipper pocket in the back panel.
#8) Travelon Classic Light Slim Fanny Pack
For those of you who are fans of the Travelon Classic fanny pack but want something a little smaller, the Classic slim is the pack for you. The one key feature missing is the water bottle holder so keep that in mind before buying.
Overall, I think the regular Classic is more suited for men while the Classic Slim has more feminine appeal.
#9) Pacsafe Coversafe X100
Here’s a budget-friendly option by Pacsafe that comes with some great anti-theft features. What I like about this bag is it’s lightweight and slim enough to use as a hidden waist wallet or fanny pack.
It includes RFID-blocking materials, a buckle at the front, a slash-resistant strap, and flaps over the main zipper to keep it concealed. For the price, I think this pack is a great option for travelers who want an all-in-1 slim fanny pack.
#10) Pacsafe Venturesafe X Sports Fanny Pack
Last but not least is the Venturesafe X by Pacsafe. It comes with all the great anti-theft options included in most Pacsafe fanny packs plus the double-locking zippers at the front pocket, which I thought was really cool.
This is a great anti-theft fanny pack for adventure travelers or backpackers in Europe. I really like all the internal organization and the hidden zipper pocket in the back.
Overall, I think this bag is the perfect icing to the cake that is my top 10 list of best anti-theft fanny packs and waist packs.
Which one is your favorite?
My Top Picks
After tirelessly researching the best anti-theft fanny packs available, I feel confident that I supplied the healthiest list possible.
There’s no doubt in my mind that Pacsafe and Travelon are the leaders in the anti-theft bag industry.
My top picks of the 10 are the first two, the Travelon Classic and Pacsafe Vibe 100.
Wherever your travels may take you, enjoy them wisely!