On the hunt for the best motorcycle alarm system with GPS tracking? You’re in the right place. In this article, I share with you the best GPS trackers that send you alerts if anyone touches or moves your bike. If you want to beef up your security, you can pair your GPS tracker with a high-decibel alarm system.
Keep in mind, the best motorcycle GPS trackers do require a monthly service fee to ensure you’re delivered the most accurate and up to date results in the event of theft.
If you cut corners by purchasing an inferior unit with free GPS tracking, the results will speak for themselves. A quality vehicle GPS tracker comes in handy for a lot more than just detecting theft or recovering your stolen vehicle.
The best trackers allow you to keep tabs on your bike around the clock. You can set up a wide range of custom alerts within the Android and iPhone apps provided by the companies that manufacture the units.
Now, let’s have a look at the best motorcycle alarm systems with GPS.
#1) Optimus 2.0 GPS Tracker
What I like about the Optimus 2.0 are the many alert options it gives you including a geofence option that alerts your cell phone every time your bike enters or leaves the designated area you create. The customer service is top-notch, and the monthly service fee is a solid deal.
- Set up custom alerts for movement, speeding, low battery, or when the tracker enters/leaves your customizable geofence area
- Apps available for both Android and iPhone phones
- You can create push notifications, text messages or emails that alert you instantly when one of your alerts gets triggered
- An option to create driving reports within the phone app (miles traveled, time driving, time parked, parked address, max speed on a route)
- One full charge lasts for 1 to 2 weeks depending on how often your location updates
- You can also track the GPS location from your computer
- Program minute-to-minute tracking or 30-second updates
- Live customer support, no automated machines
- Includes SIM card
- No contract, cancel your monthly service at any time
- Dimensions: 1″ x 1.5″ x 3″ (Depth x Width x Height)
- Weight: 3.36 ounces
#2) AMERICALOC 300 Vehicle GPS Tracker
The AMERICALOC 300 GPS Tracker is more premium than the Optimus and can track your motorcycle down to every 10 seconds over its network. It also works worldwide while the Optimus is restricted to within the United States. The AMERICALOC can detect even the slightest movement of your bike if someone happens to touch it while it’s parked.
- Custom alerts for movement, when your bike is parked, speeding, device turned on/off, low battery, entering/leaving your designated zones, and if the front button on the tracker gets pressed
- Real-time tracking with 1 year of tracking history
- Track your motorcycle from your computer, tablet, or phone
- Compatible with both Android and iPhone
- Set your location updates to as little as every 60, 30, or 10 seconds
- Cancel your monthly service at any time, no contracts or hidden fees
- Customer service hotline
- Extra-long battery life (one owner reported a 40% battery reading after one month of use)
- Dimensions: 2.7″ x 1.5″ x .9″ (Height x Width x Depth)
- Weight: 2.24 ounces
#3) Trackmate Mini H 3G Hardwired GPS Tracker
For those of you who prefer a hardwired option, this is the perfect GPS tracker for you. If you’re handy with circuits/wiring, you can go the extra mile by setting up a remote engine cutoff function. Several motorcycle owners have written positive reports regarding the accuracy and functionality of this unit.
- Real-time alerts including ignition on/off, speeding, low battery, towing detection, geofence, and movement
- Historical location reports
- Waterproof and all-weather resistant
- No contract, low-cost monthly plan compared to other GPS trackers
- Tracks over AT&T and T-Mobile networks
- Tracking down to every 3 seconds with the Platinum plan
- Compatible with both Android and iPhone
- Send alerts to your email or phone
- Standard hardwiring 9-30 V
- An internal backup battery provides up to 6 hours of tracking
- Dimensions: 3.4” x 1.75” x 0.50” (Height x Width x Depth)
- Weight: 2 ounces
- Customer support
- “No Questions Asked” refund policy
- Includes everything needed for installation
For those of you who want to beef up your security with a motorcycle alarm system in conjunction with your GPS tracker, I list a few systems below that will get the job done.
#4) MYSBIKER Alarm Disc Lock
The MYSBIKER alarm disc lock is a solid option with a 110 dB alarm. What I like about this alarm is it also includes a reminder cable that attaches to your clutch or brake to remind you to remove the lock before riding off.
This alarm has high marks from motorcycle owners for its “ear-piercing” sound and sensitivity. It’s sensitive enough to go off when someone tampers with your bike yet not so sensitive that it’ll go off when you don’t want it to.
The armed sound alert also lets everyone around you know your bike is armed after you lock it.
#5) BlueFire Motorcycle Alarm Security Kit
The kit comes with two remote controls with arm/disarm functions and an optional anti-hijack feature that allows you to wire the kit for remote engine cutoff. You can also adjust the shock sensor to ensure the alarm isn’t overly sensitive.
#6) Gorilla Automotive 9100 Motorcycle Alarm w/ 2-Way Paging System
The Gorilla system comes equipped with a 120 dB alarm, and the 2-way pager alerts you if the alarm has been tripped within a .5-mile radius.
Click Here to view my complete list of best anti-theft devices for motorcycles for additional options to keep your bike secure.
For ultimate motorcycle security, it’s best to pair a high-decibel motorcycle alarm with a hidden GPS tracker.
The best combination, in my opinion, is the MYSBIKER alarm disc lock paired with the hardwired Trackmate 3G GPS tracker. It’s virtually impossible for thieves to get away with your bike with that combo installed, especially if you wire the Trackmate for remote engine cutoff.
Best of luck securing your bike!