When you need easy access to your firearms, bedroom gun safes are the ideal choice. In this guide, we share the best under-bed gun safes to safely house your pistols and long guns. One of the advantages of choosing an under-bed safe rather than a nightstand gun safe is the fact that you can store your long guns, ammo, and accessories. Depending on your firearms and the size of the safe you choose, there’s no need to worry about the limited space provided by a bedside safe.
Below, you’ll find a range of safes that house both pistols and long guns. We made sure to include multiple entry options to suit your taste. You’ll find RFID, keyless entry, mechanical, and biometric fingerprint options in the following chart. After the chart, be sure to continue on to go over our unbiased reviews of each safe plus tips on how to select the right safe for your home.
|#1) Verifi Smart.Safe. S6000 Fast-Access Biometric Safe||
|#2) Hornady RAPiD Safe AR Gunlocker||
|#3) MonsterVault Underbed Safe “The Original”||
|#4) V-Line Rifle Case-Home Defense Rifle Safe||
|#5) Fort Knox Personal Handgun Safe PB4||
Under-Bed Gun Safe Reviews
The safes in the chart above provide different levels of security. It’s important to consider whether you value keeping people out of the safe more than preventing robbery or if you want a safe that takes care of both needs. Why? The answer is people often purchase quick-access safes with lighter steel and expect it to be Fort Knox. If you want Fort Knox, it’s advisable to buy the actual Fort Knox safe that’s built with the heaviest gauge steel and fewest entry options.
Another factor to consider is it’s highly advisable to bolt down or secure all of the safes in this guide to provide an additional layer of security. The options are to bolt the safe to the floor or secure it to your bed frame using a cable or other means to prevent theft or having the safe carried off by family or visitors.
Now, let’s move onto the reviews of each safe to give you a clear idea of why we chose these five safes as our top picks.
#1) Verifi Smart.Safe. S6000 Fast-Access Biometric Safe
Verifi Smart.Safe. is a real-deal biometric gun safe that’s actually reliable. We dig the S6000 model w/ night light for reliable quick-access at night. The magic of this safe lies in the FBI-certified TouchChip fingerprint sensor. Verifi’s sensor has a larger surface area to store your complete fingerprint with an impressively high resolution of 508 dpi. This means no waiting around to open your safe in the event of an emergency because Verifi sensors get it right the first time.
Aside from the accurate fingerprint sensor, this safe is packed with features that are worth having on board. Some of our favorite features are the extra-long battery life of years on a single set of 4 AA batteries, self-diagnostics with access logs & tamper alerts, auto-locking, and the adjustable LED night light. Another advantage is user tracking with the option to store up to 40 fingerprints, making this an excellent under-bed gun safe for married couples.
Lastly, you get the peace of mind of backup key access with cross-cut keys, a thick 8-gauge steel door, audible open door alerts, anti-pry protection, 3/4″ locking bolts, and the option to mount the safe at the bottom or back. Plus, there’s a 1-year warranty on mechanical & electrical parts. Overall, this is our favorite biometric under-bed gun safe for pistols on the market.
- Recessed 8-gauge steel door for solid anti-pry protection
- The most accurate FBI-certified biometric fingerprint sensor
- Adjustable LED nightlight for clear vision at night
- Excellent customer service marks
- Clear instructions and easily programmable
- Keep track of unauthorized open attempts and user logs with usernames
- Access your firearms within seconds
- The included floor lining is flimsy
- Short-cylinder cross locks are possible to pick with the right rake picks
- The motor makes a slight noise when opening the safe
#2) Hornady RAPiD Safe AR Gunlocker
Hornady manufactures some of our favorite quick-access gun safes, and the AR Gunlocker is our favorite model for storing long guns under the bed. One of the features that make Hornady RAPiD safes special is quick RFID access. With RFID tech, you have the option to quickly open the spring-assisted lid with an RFID wristband, key fob, or sticker.
The safe includes all of those accessories, and you have the ability to program up to five RFID tags per safe. Additional entry methods include keypad access and a conventional key lock. Each safe can be programmed with a four to six-digit security code. In other words, it’s almost impossible to get locked out of this safe, and you have multiple quick-access options.
As far as security, the safe is fairly lightweight with a 16-gauge steel body, though it does provide good pry resistance. The most important factor is it exceeds the ASTM International standard for youth-resistant firearm containers, making this safe a good choice for couples with children in the home.
- Pre-drilled holes to mount it to the floor (also includes a 1500-lb rated cable)
- Enough room to store two rifles, several pistols, and ammunition
- Store your AR15 and shotgun with up to 20″ barrel
- Good interior padding to avoid scratching your firearms
- Slides under most beds nicely
- Opens very quickly and reliably
- An AC power option along with battery backup
- The door isn’t recessed
- It makes a fairly loud sound when opened
- No interior lights
- The RFID wristband isn’t the most discreet since it says “Hornady”
#3) MonsterVault Underbed Safe “The Original”
“The Original” safe by MonsterVault is more of a beast than the Hornady safe above, meaning robbery is a lot less likely with this safe unless the thieves can easily scoop up a 140-lb bolted down safe. Aside from its weight, the feature we like most in this safe is the slide-out drawer. Instead of having to crawl beneath your bed or slide out the entire safe, this bad boy allows you to access your firearms like utensils in a kitchen drawer.
Next, you’ll be more than happy to know that MonsterVault safes are made in the USA. Another advantage we like is the slide-out drawer makes guns the easiest to access and choose. Instead of having to secure your firearms between layers of padding, you simply lay them down on the bottom lining of the MonsterVault drawer for a buffet-style selection.
To access the drawer, there’s a 3 to 8 digit programmable keypad and backup key access. The interior is spacious with 3 cu ft of storage space. Compared to the Hornady safe above, you’ll be able to store more than two long guns and multiple handguns with ammunition in the MonsterVault.
- Lightning-fast access in as little as 2 seconds
- Store 4 to 6 rifles and up to 20 handguns with ammunition
- Silent mode keypad access
- Quieter opening than the Hornady RAPiD Safe
- Too heavy at 140 lbs for thieves to easily scoop up
- Well-built robust construction with a smooth-functioning drawer
- Easy to operate
- The tubular cylindrical override lock is possible to pick for amateurs
- The single steel rod doesn’t provide the most pry resistance
- Costs a good chunk more than the other safes in our guide
#4) V-Line Rifle Case-Home Defense Rifle Safe
The final under bed long gun safe in our guide is this beauty by V-Line. Compared to the MonsterVault safe above, this model costs about half the price at the time of this writing. However, keep in mind, of the three long gun safes in this guide, the V-Line safe is the smallest. V-Line recommends using it to store AR-15 type rifles. Inside the safe, you have enough room to store a single AR-15 with accessories.
A couple of things we like about this safe that sets it apart from its competitors are the reliable Simplex mechanical push-button lock, pry-resistant clamshell exterior, and it’s made in the USA. Additionally, there’s a powder-coat finish to protect the steel for years of use.
One point to consider before choosing this safe is it’s not as heavy-duty at just 38 lbs. For this reason, it’s even more important to secure this safe to the floor or a bed frame at the very least. Additionally, the interior is just 3.5″ wide, so if you have a tac light mounted to your AR-15, be sure to check the overall width to ensure it fits inside the safe without removing the light.
- Made in the USA since 1996
- The Simplex push-button mechanical lock does not rely on battery power
- Very reasonably priced
- Comfortably holds an AR or shotgun with accessories
- Super-slim profile
- Double tubular key locks
- Enough room to store two long guns depending on the combination
- Not California DOJ rated
- Prone to successful brute-force and pry attacks
#5) Fort Knox Personal Handgun Safe PB4
Fort Knox Vaults sells some of the best quick-access gun safes, and this model is the best under bed pistol safe for the money. The beauty of these safes is the heavy-duty steel construction and no backup key access. While no backup key access may seem like a drawback, it’s important to consider how easy a lot of gun safe locks are to pick with simple tools. With the PB4 safe, you don’t have to worry about anyone picking your lock.
Next, this safe is built with the heaviest steel of the safes in our guide with a 10-gauge steel body and 3/16″ steel door. With this safe, no one is breaking into it without some serious force. Compared to other Fort Knox handgun safes, this model has a front opening door, which makes it an excellent choice for under-bed access.
Several final highlights are the deeply recessed door for anti-pry protection, durable powder coat finish, the fully carpeted interior, and it’s made in the USA with a lifetime warranty. All in all, for folks who don’t want to rely on battery-powered entry methods and also want to avoid pick attacks altogether, this is the best option on the market for handguns.
- Made in the USA and backed by a lifetime warranty
- The most affordable under-bed handgun safe in our guide
- No backup key access means no possible pick attacks
- Heaviest gauge steel of the five safes
- Reliable Simplex mechanical lock with 1,081 possible combinations
- Fully carpeted interior to avoid damaging your pistols
- Pre-drilled bolt-down holes
- The quietest opening safe of the models in this guide
- Enough room for three pistols
- No lights included for nighttime access
- No long gun version
Since we take child security VERY seriously here, we recommend weighing your options if you have children. While several of the models in our guide are the best under bed gun safes for quick access, it’s important to choose a safe with the least entry methods and the highest level of security with children in the home. Of the five safes, the Fort Knox model is the safest for gun owners with children.
For long gun owners, the three safes in this guide are all excellent options for the money that balance security and quick access quite well. The most convenient safe is the MonsterVault with its slide-out drawer, though, with some modifications, both the V-Line and Hornady safes can be modified to turn them into slide-out under bed safes.