Good afternoon fellow astral travelers, I’m your host Chuck. In today’s article, I share with you my Matein anti-theft Mlassic backpack review.
Currently, the Mlassic is a real crowd-pleaser that’s currently selling for a reasonable cost.
The video above shows you everything you need to see before purchasing. Next, I will tell you all the specifics, features, how to charge your phone, and last but not least, my review.
First, let’s see what this bag has to offer. Also since this site is all about protecting your valuable possessions, we will go over the anti-theft features offered by Matein.
- Padded laptop compartment fits up to a 15.6″ laptop
- The sturdy luggage strap allows you to hook this backpack to the handle of your rolling suitcase to make rolling through the airport or train station a breeze. It also protects against theft by allowing you to tighten the strap snugly around your suitcase handle.
- The shoulder straps and top handle have ample padding to make trips everywhere or your daily commute more comfortable.
- There are loads of pockets to make organization easier and mesh side pockets to carry a water bottle or other items for easy access.
- The material against your back is padded and ventilated to reduce sweating during those hot summer months. The shoulder straps also contain ventilated fabric to reduce trapped heat against your chest.
- This backpack also has a USB port with an inner charging wire. You can put a power bank inside your bag and charge your USB accessories including your cell phone from the outside. No more fumbling around inside your bag or holding your power bank on your lap or inside your pocket to charge your phone.
- The water-resistant durable fabric keeps your possessions safe inside
- The bag measures 18″ height x 12″ width x 7.8″ depth
- Currently being offered in seven different colors at Amazon
- An anti-theft hidden back pocket is perfect for storing travel documents or other valuables you want to keep hidden against your back.
- Perfect for business travel, students, commuters, and anyone else who wants a stylish anti-theft laptop backpack
- Can be used as a carry-on bag on most airlines around the world
- Weighs 2.05 lbs
Now let’s go over the pros and cons of the Matein Mlassic compared to other anti-theft backpacks currently available in the same price range.
Pros and Cons
What’s the verdict?
I can tell you right now that this bag has more than enough pockets, great padding for your laptop, and lots of positive feedback.
- The laptop compartment is really soft and easily fits larger laptops. Your laptop definitely won’t hit the ground when you secure it in the laptop compartment.
- Tons of space and pockets for easy organization
- Everything inside the bag stays dry if you get stuck in fairly heavy rain.
- Fits as a carry-on for stricter European airlines
- The black color is more dark grey than black.
- It looks small from the outside but holds a ton on the inside. This is one of the aspects I look for when purchasing a new travel backpack.
- Great value
To charge your phone using the USB port, put your power bank inside the bag and connect it to the charging wire inside the bag.
Once you have your power bank connected, plug your phone into the USB port located on the outside of the bag using the charging cable for your phone.
Last, check your phone to make sure it’s charging.
You can also go back to the top of this page to check out the video to see exactly where the USB port is located on the outside of the bag.
Overall, I think the Mlassic is a great travel USB backpack and versatile bag. The thing I love most about it is that it comes with all the pocket options I need in a bag.
After traveling for many years now, I’ve come to realize how important organization is along the way. I know exactly where everything is in my bag.
The Mlassic gives you more than enough options to keep your possessions safe and organized while on the road.
The second feature I love is the padded laptop compartment. I owned a backpack in the past that I loved, but the bag didn’t keep my laptop from hitting the ground. My solution was to store my travel towel in the bottom of the laptop compartment. The Matein bag doesn’t have this problem.
As for the anti-theft features, the Matein doesn’t have the same options as other bags I’ve reviewed so far. If you’re interested in a more secure bag, check out my Kopack backpack review.
I give this bag a near 10 out of 10 as a budget backpack that gets the job done from every angle.
However, due to its lack of security features, it only gets a 6 out of 10 for security.
The bottom line is that for the price, you can’t go wrong with the Matein anti-theft backpack. You may find that later on you want to add a second bag to your collection, but I’m sure your Matein bag will still get used.
A lot of times we overthink when making a purchase, in the case of the Matein Mlassic, you can add it to your cart with confidence without looking back. Don’t waste your time picking apart every little detail of dozens of bags. Believe me, I’ve been there and it’s no fun!